Friday, October 17, 2008

What do you do when God gives you an angel?

You take her photograph, of course! I have been planning for several months now to photograph Kristen in this dress. My original plan was for the spring, but when she broke her arm, we decided to wait until she was cast-free. She hasn't worn a cast since mid April, but I've just been putting it off for one reason or another. Today, I decided to just do it. I fixed her hair and we headed down to Grandma's where I thought we would find better backdrops and props.

I wanted to accomplish a few things with this shoot. First and foremost was to capture some beautiful photos of my princess. Secondly, I wanted to practice my photography skills. I was mainly concerned with my metering, as it seems that I always have to brighten every photo I take after I import it to my computer. I was very pleased to find that I did much better this time. The biggest struggle I had was coming up with poses! I hope to get better with practice! Practice, practice, practice! Here's just a small sampling of the photos I got tonight. I cropped all of these to 8*10 and used Christian O'dell's Lightroom Presets. You can find this awesome set of presets for sale at Catscrap.



3 comments:

Katina said...

Goodness, Brenda, they're gorgeous!! You did great!

Anonymous said...

She is defintively an angel, love the softness and beauty of these photos! love how you have done her hair too! Gorgeous and thank you for sharing!

Emilie said...

She is a princess!!!! Beautiful photos, Brenda!!! :)