Monday, July 20, 2009

No Greater Joy

I have no greater joy than to hear my children walk in truth. 3 John 1:4

No truer words have ever been written. Though written by an apostle speaking of his followers, they are just as true from the traditional parental point of view. Nothing gives me more hope, more peace, more joy than to know that my children love God and want to live for him all the days of their lives. Nothing.

Kristen has always had a heart for God. She could outpray most saints by the age of 18 months. lol Her play church has taken a turn for the real thing in the last few weeks. It's been a beautiful transition to watch. I can't tell you how it blesses my heart to see my little girl singing, clapping and praying during church.

When Kristen received the Holy Ghost, we explained to her the importance of water baptism; how Jesus commanded that we must be born of the water and the spirit. I had many discussions with her about the meaning of baptism, the symbolism involved, what happens spiritually and physically when you are baptized, etc. We discussed biblical examples, as well as personal experiences. She also spoke with her daddy and Brother Little on more than one occasion. We wanted to be sure that she understood the importance and seriousness as well as she could.

I'm so happy to share with you that she was buried in baptism in Jesus name on July 19, 2009. Her name is written in the Lambs Book of Life. Joy unspeakable and full of glory!









2 comments:

angie said...

This is soo great. I am happy for Kristen. Tell her I cried when I saw the pictures. Angie

Emilie said...

This is fabulous, Brenda. Great pics!!! I'm so happy for your girl! :)