Saturday, September 13, 2008

We've Had the Sickies

Trent has been complaining about pains in his stomach off and on since early Tuesday morning. A few times a day he would act like his stomach was really bothering him, but just as quickly as it came upon him, it seemed to dissipate. Friday was a different story though. He laid around most of the day and was even running a low grade fever. He ended up throwing up and having diarrhea more than a few times. My washing machine has been busy and he's taken a lot of baths!

He is better today, but still not feeling great. He has eaten a couple of servings of Chicken Noodle Soup and jello. He has had diarrhea, but no throwing up today. So he is definitely on the mend!

My kids are so seldom sick, that they really feel a deep sympathy for each other when they get sick. Several times Kristen and Tyler have asked about Trent and expressed how badly they felt for him. Kristen has gotten him several drinks and anything else she felt like he may need: blanket, pillow, etc.

Last night, Trent laid in Kristen's bed as they listened to Adventures in Odyssey. They both fell asleep and I decided to let them be. They looked so sweet that I couldn't bear to disturb them. At 6 this morning, I heard a knock on my door and Kristen telling me that Trent was in the bathroom sick. When I got up, she was refilling his cup with Sprite. When he had settled back down and said he was feeling better, he laid down in Kristen's bed again. They told me that they were going to lay there together and watch the sunrise. Now that is music to this Mama's ears. One of her babies is sick and the other is taking care of him like a mama bear caring for her cub, and all the while they are making memories together and strengthening their sibling bond! I count that as an answer to prayer and just one of my many blessings!

3 comments:

Katina said...

Oh, that's so incredibly sweet! Did you get a pic of them sleeping? That Kristen has one of the softest, most nurturing hearts I've ever seen! You know God smiles down on her!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Brenda, that is such a sweet story! There's nothing happier than hearing and seeing your kids loving each other! :)

Anonymous said...

Well written article.